About my academic background
After finishing my computer science studies with a German diploma (about the same as Master), I stayed at the university for another four years and worked as a researcher at Computer Networks Group at Technische Universität Dresden. After working on a framework for developing mobile applications I switched to a cooperation project with Citrix about a large-scale testing platform enabling combined network, functional and load tests. During my time at the university, I did my PhD, published some papers, advised students with their theses and gave lectures on multi media communications.
In 2015 I got my PhD for my work on using “Network Emulation for Large-Scale Tests of IP-based Audio / Video Communication Systems”. A year later I won the innovation price of industry club of saxony and TU Dresden for applying the thesis’ results in an industry context.
- Robert Lübke, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. Mobilisgroups: Location-based group formation in mobile social networks. IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), p. 502-507, 2011, Seattle, USA.
- Robert Lübke, Daniel Schuster, Thomas Springer, Nikolas Jansen, Alexander Schill. Eine Dienstplattform zur Entwicklung mobiler sozialer Anwendungen auf Basis von XMPP. Smart Mobile Apps: Mit Business-Apps ins Zeitalter mobiler Geschäftsprozesse, p. 431, Springer Verlag, 2012.
- Robert Lübke, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. A Framework for the Development of Mobile Social Software on Android. The 3rd International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services (MobiCASE); Los Angeles, CA, USA; 2011.
- Robert Lübke, Robin Lungwitz, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. Emulation of Complex Network Infrastructures for Large-Scale Testing of Distributed Systems. 11th International Conference WWW/Internet; Madrid, Spanien; Oktober 2012.
- Daniel Schuster, Danny Kiefner, Robert Lübke, Thomas Springer, Pascal Bihler, Holger Mügge. Step by step vs. catch me if you can—On the benefit of rounds in location-based games. IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), p. 155-160, 2012, Lugano, Switzerland.
- Robert Lübke, Robin Lungwitz, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. Large-Scale Tests of Distributed Systems with Integrated Emulation of Advanced Network Behavior. IADIS International Journal on WWW/Internet, Vol. 10 (2013), Nr. 2.
- Robert Lübke, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. Reproducing Network Conditions for Tests of Large-Scale Distributed Systems. 13th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid PhD Symposium); Delft, Niederlande; Mai 2013.
- Daniel Schuster, Robert Lübke, Sven Bendel, Thomas Springer, Alexander Schill. Mobilis–Comprehensive Developer Support for Building Pervasive Social Computing Applications. PIK – Praxis der Informationsverarbeitung und Kommunikation, Vol. 36, Nr. 1, p. 45, 2013.
- Robert Lübke, Peter Büschel, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. Measuring Accuracy and Performance of Network Emulators. IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking (BlackSeaCom); Chisinau, Republik Moldau; Mai 2014.
- Robert Lübke, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. NESSEE: An In-House Test Platform for Large Scale Tests of Multimedia Applications Including Network Behavior. 9th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks & Communities (Tridentcom); Guangzhou, China; Mai 2014.
- Robert Lübke, Peter Büschel, Daniel Schuster, Alexander Schill. NORA: An Integrated Network Measurement Tool for End-To-End Connections. 13th International Conference WWW/Internet; Porto, Portugal; Oktober 2014.
Advised student theses
During my time at the university, I advised the following student theses.
On software testing:
- Load Generation with the XETA Tool for Automated Functional Testing (diploma thesis, 2015)
- Concept for telemetry-based error tracking in large SaaS systems (diploma thesis, 2014)
- An Evaluation Framework for Optimizing Jitter Reduction Mechanisms in Live Audio Transmissions (diploma thesis, 2014)
- Concepts for a Load Test Scenario of Distributed Video Distribution Platforms (diploma thesis, 2014)
- Test Concepts for IP-based Real-time Communication Systems (master thesis, 2014)
- Tests of Large-Scale Distributed Systems for Continuous Integration (master thesis, 2013)
On computer networks:
- Accuracy and Performance Analysis of Network Emulators (diploma thesis, 2014)
- Integrated Measurement of Network Parameters (student thesis, 2013)
- Emulation of Advanced Network Parameters and Effects (diploma thesis, 2012)
- Comparing Possibilities to Perform Network Emulation (student thesis, 2012)
On audio / video coding:
- Data Acquisition for Ad hoc Acoustic Sensor Networks (student thesis, 2015)
- Optimizing a Video Transcoder Framework (student thesis, 2014)
- Scalable Video Coding for H.264 (master thesis, 2014)
- Mobile devices acting as wireless webcam (student thesis, 2014)
On mobile development:
- Automated Testing of Mobile Apps under Consideration of Network Behavior (diploma thesis, 2014)
- Communication Protocols for Service Environments in Mobile Android Apps (diploma thesis, 2012)
On user interfaces:
- Real-time Visualization of large Datasets (master thesis, 2014)